Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Yesterday the kids came in saying that there was a bird in the clubhouse. So when I went out and checked sure enough it was there just looking at us, not trying to move or escape. So I grabbed a bucket and caught the thing, put a lid on it so that there was air, but it could not escape because I thought it was wounded. Looked up on the internet and found that it was a mourning dove. They are game birds or can be kept as pets. I didn't want to keep it, but wasn't sure what to do with it. When Jason and the boys got home, you can imagine being a hunter what Jason said he wanted to do. Colin decided to take the bucket into the yard and take the lid off, and that stupid bird flew off! Why did it let me catch it and spend the day in the bucket and give me stress? Crazy bird...it was exciting for the kids if nothing else.
We made these cute little turkeys. I had brought the pine cones home with us from camping for starting our fires in the fire pit, but they make better turkeys than fire starters.

4 comments:

M'Liss said...

Dumb bird. It deserved to be eaten if it was going to act like that. Your pine cone pumpkins are so cute. And that Saigy waigy's picture is adorable!

Moira-Lin said...

M'Liss - Those are TURKEYS! Ha-Ha! :)

Marni said...

I love this idea! I might just cut and copy it onto my blog and tell people that I did this! :)

M'Liss said...

I new they were turkeys, but for some reason pumpkins came out. Don't you hate when that happens!! I thought about how cute they would be on the tables for thanksgiving. So I really did know they were turkeys!!