Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Postum

This little jar brings back SOOO many memories! My grandpa always used to drink this and it was such a special treat to sit down with him and have a cup of Postum. We always had to drink it the right way. There always had to be a breath of "awww" at the end of every sip. Last time I was at my grandma's house, I noticed that she still had a jar she has been savoring in her cupboard. Mind you, this was discontinued in 2007 :) Well out of curiousity I googled Postum and it lead me to an Amazon link where someone was selling ONE jar of Postum for $150.00! I could not believe it. Then I found Postum website and they are re-releasing it in the Winter of 2012. I am looking forward to getting a jar and teaching my kids the proper way to drink it. I miss my grandpa and I think even having a jar in the house will make me happy.

3 comments:

Shay said...

Oh yes!! I am so glad they are bringing it back! We will have postum in our house too! Grandpa was the best! Thanks for posting this!

Grandma Carla said...

What a fun "post" on "Postum"! Grandpa was the BEST!! As a mother, I couldn't have asked for a better grandpa for my kids. And, Postum was such a great part of the memories he MADE. He didn't wait for them to happen-he made them happen. Thanks!!! Love you

Natalie said...

I don't think I ever even met your grandpa, but I think of him whenever I see/hear something about Postum. :) It's because of the 12 days of Christmas song Marni used to sing all the time. He sounded like so much fun!