Monday, March 4, 2013

Road trip binders

 We are going to Arizona in a few weeks and we are SOOOOO excited!  Jason is driving down with us and then he has to be back on Sunday night, but the kids and I are staying till at least Friday.  That leaves me to make the 13 hour drive with the kids alone.  I got searching on Pinterest and found some great road trip ideas.  I just love that site!!  Here are the travel binders that I made for the kids.  This would not have been possible without my wonderful mother's laminating machine.  THANKS MOM!!  And I do have some extra prints if any of my wonderful family want to come visit me and make one of these :)  hint...hint!!

 

Saige picked out a cute puppy binder, and I got Daniel just a plain one.  He chose exactly what to put on it and this is how his turned out.  Love the "Bob Ross!" 
Inside their binders I put some activity books, and 2 pencil pouches which hold the magnets, dry erase markers, dice for the games, colored pencils, crayons, pencils and pens.
 All of the pages are laminated and can be used with the dry erase markers over and over again. This is tic tac toe and the other side has connect the dots game.
Sorry!  I just googled it and printed a copy of the game board.  They will have little magnets for pieces.  And then I did a chutes and ladders game.
         A few mazes
 Road trip bingo cards - there are 5 different ones. 
Then I bought these cookie sheets from the dollar store to hold on their laps and play the games.  We had the big bulky lap trays and they took up so much space, these will be perfect.  They have a lip on them so nothing will roll of the tray and magnets hold their papers in place.  They can even use these when we stop and get something to eat on the go.
 Battleship game - They have the directions on the back (which I just noticed I put in upside down, oh well)
 Connect 4 game - they each have magnets of their color or can use the markers.
 Alphabet search game - first one to find all the letters as we drive wins.
 And instead of buying a white board, I made my own with just white paper.  That way they can make up their own games or whatever as we go.  I also included just plain paper in the binder.
 
 I am so pleased with them, and they WILL use them.  Even if I have to force them :)  Thanks Pinterest!!  Only 18 more days :)

1 comment:

Grandma Carla said...

You are so creative!! Love these and all the work you put into them. You win "mother of the car trip" of the year.