Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What a MESS. I mean...what a great FORT!

This is what my backyard looks like at the moment! The kids took every toy possible, including the ones out of the playhouse and made a fort right in the middle of the backyard. They ate snack in their fort and had such a great time. I know I will have some arguements when I tell them it's time to clean up and that I want the backyard back.
We had gone over to my mom's on Christmas day and this dog ended up in my moms yard. The kids immediately started with "Can we keep it?" "Please mom, this would be our BEST Christmas ever!" Keep in mind I am NOT a dog lover and am allergic to them. I told them it belonged to someone and it wasn't right to take it. Jason, who was as bad as the kids said that we would watch for signs and take the dog and see if it had a chip in it. I just knew that someone would claim that dog, so because it was Christmas day, despite my better judgement I agreed. Oh, how I wish it would have been any other day! So, this is our new dog, Jack.

4 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

Where's the picture of "before" and "after" with your swing cushions! You love that dog and you know it!

M'Liss said...

You are so nice to let them have a fort AND a dog. I remember making forts under the kitchen table when I was little. Forts are so fun. You love that dog and you know it!!!

Melissa said...

Cute new background!
Ahhh...to be a child again! I so remember building forts and having a blast with my brothers, ours were always in the living room though! Pillows, blankets, towels, toys, sheets...life was SO simple then! Those are some of my favorite memories though! That's great you let them enjoy it!

john and steph said...

That is funny about the dog. The same thing happened to us. We now have a new dog. I guess we are suckers.