Sunday, January 25, 2009

My baby is all grown up...

I can't even describe the feeling in the room. Happy, proud, scared and yes, there were even tears. I am so proud of Tyler for making this decision and know that he will be a great soldier in the Army. He will go to Basic Training this summer. His MOS that he picked is a light wheeled mechanic and he is excited about that. It still doesn't seem real to me... He was supposed to be sworn in at 1:00 and because of all the events going on downtown, parking was impossible. It didn't help that we weren't exactly sure where we were going either. :) It was quite the experience just getting there. Since it was almost one o'clock I had Jason drop me off. I went in and asked if they could wait for everyone else to get there. They pulled Tyler out of the room with the other boys and when everyone else got there they ended up doing a special session for just Tyler. It was awesome! Mom- thanks for taking some great pictures!


5 comments:

Marni said...

I can't believe it! I wish that we could have been there, but we were thinking of you Tyler! I can't believe how grown up you are and how mature you look! You are going to be an awesome soldier. We will miss you when you are gone, but we are so proud of what you are doing! The world needs more great men like you! Your wife will be so lucky to have you! ;) But enough about the wife...go ARMY! We love you Ty!

Marni said...

by the way, your pictures are amazing Moira-Lin! The one of Tyler being sworn in with Daniel, Jarom, and Colin in the background...Love it! And the last one of Tyler standing in front of the military sign...Hottie! Is that weird, 'cause he's my nephew? :)

M'Liss said...

I was so proud of Tyler and felt so honored to be able to be there and experience Tyler being sworn into the Army. The feeling in that room was so amazing. It made me think back to when Tyler was a little boy all through the years of him growing up. I can't believe he is old enough to be in the Military!! I know that Jarom and Addison look up to him. I know that he will be a good example to all the cousins watching him.

Melissa said...

Oh my! How awesome! My brother Jared served in the army as a medic. He is home now after serving his time. Because of it, I TRULY have a new & great appreciation for our military! Good Luck Tyler! I will have to add him to my list of heroes in the military!!

Angie said...

I just want to cry... what a incredible young man Tyler has grown up to be. I can't wait to hear all about the many upcoming adventures I'm sure he'll have.