Saturday, March 21, 2009

My shopping trip at Safeway went very well today. Are you tired of hearing about my good deals yet? Well I had to share this trip because of the compliment I got. When the cashier handed me my receipt she said "You have got to be the best shopper! You saved 75%!" Then as I was leaving she asked the gentleman in line behind me how he was doing today. He said "Well, I'm not doing as good as she is!" Gotta love it! :)
Safeway has a promotion right now if you buy 10 of certain items you get $5.00 off. And of course I had coupons for every single item I bought! They also have a promotion going when you buy $25.00 in select frozen items you get a $10.00 coupon for use on frozen goods next trip. The great thing is that I had one from last trip to use on this trip. The big frozen lasagna's are $11.99 and they are included in the deal. YEAH! A no cook night for me! I plan to go one more time before the end of the month and get 2 more lasagna's for the freezer and a small filler item and use my new $10.00 coupon and then get another one. You could do that as many times as you want I guess.
Anyway, now that I have probably confused you...my total cost today was $41.00, but then I got my $10.00 frozen coupon and a $2.00 off coupon on my next order!

4 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

I think you are the best shopper I have ever known...by far! I have to go with you sometime and watch you in action and learn as we go. I have got to come up with something I am good at like you. Maybe it is...no, maybe...no. OK. I'll think on it.

Angie said...

I don't think I'll ever tire of hearing about your deals.. I'm still learning and LOVE to see your amazing shopping ways.



And I'm still laughing at your mom's comment. :D

Marni said...

You. Are. Amazing! If I can be half the coupon shopper that you are, I will be happy! I haven't signed up for my Sunday paper yet, though. We need to get together and have a coupon class! You could charge admission! Then, ALL of your groceries would be payed for! ;)

M'Liss said...

I never get tired of hearing about your coupon deals. I gets me more motivated every time I hear about it. I would love for you to do a class and then a field trip for all of us coupon retards. I need to start saving some money on food. (So I can then go to Sprouts and buy Addison's food with all the money I saved with coupons.)