Friday, March 27, 2009

This makes couponing SO worth it!

This is my trip to Safeway tonight. I ended up paying $20.77 out of pocket. I got a $2.00 coupon to use on my next order. When we got out to put the groceries in the car I realized I had forgotten to use my $10.00 off a $50.00 order coupon. So I headed back in to the nice customer service lady who seems to be working every order I have a problem with and explained I forgot to use my coupon. She gave me back my $10.00 cash. I ended up paying $10.77 and got a $2.00 coupon. Not bad!! The cough drops were on sale for .75 cents and I had a $1.00 coupon, so I MADE .25 cents on each bag. I got 10 bags of cough drops (hopefully you don't get sick, but if you do I have you covered), mayo, ketchup, 2 boxes of Pasta Roni, 2 Suave Body washes, 10 Softsoap's, 4 puddings, 10 cake mixes, 8 pasta's, and 2 spaghetti sauces. I had coupons for everything except for the pudding, mayo, and ketchup which I had to throw in to get the $5.00 off 10 item deal. Saved $131.54!
This is my shopping trip to Fry's. This picture does not include the 6 gallons of milk that I bought also. I did this in 4 transactions and spent $6.21, $8.35, $6.68, and .06 cents. So $21.30 in total and $8.82 of that total was milk, so everything you see here I got for $12.48. Got 6 boxes of Life cereal, 2 boxes Oatmeal Squares cereal, 4 pizza dough's, 6 grands biscuits, 2 spaghetti sauce's, 1 pasta, 8 granola bars, and 2 four packs of biscuits. They were out of the True Delight granola bars, so I will go and get my free granola bars tomorrow. All together at Fry's I saved $99.71.

Not bad for a nights work. :-)

5 comments:

Marni said...

A...MaZ...inG!!!

M'Liss said...

Girl you need to have a class!!! And maybe serve some spaghetti, pizza & cake. Love Oatmeal Squares & Life cereal but they sure don't love me. Not sure if that would be such a great deal for my family. PPPPHHHHHTTTTTT!

JANE4girls said...

great job! I am loving these deal too at our Randalls (safeway)

Anonymous said...

Good job!!! Please add a followers link, it makes it easier for me to follow your frugal journey!

Grandma Carla said...

You just go girl! I am so impressed. I'm impressed with much more of your life than just coupons, but the coupons are SURE impressive!!!!