Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Suckers

These 2 children are always saying "I'm bored" as I am sure most of the kids say occasionally during the summer.  I was looking at a wonderful blog  http://sassysites.blogspot.com/ and there was a link to making suckers.  We have lots of hard candy in the house because we use it in our cotton candy maker, so I decided to give them something to do.  Daniel loves mashing up the candy, but wanted nothing to do with creating the suckers.  Saige and I had fun.  :)  We just mashed the candy up and then spooned the candy onto the baking mat.  Then placed it in the oven at 350 for about 6 minutes. They turned out pretty cute and had very different flavors. 
 It was neat to watch the candy melt.  After it was done, we just rolled a stick in the candy and then it cool.
Of course we had to make cotton candy while we were waiting for the suckers to cool.  Talk about a sugar high!
This one we just placed a whole hard candy in the middle.  Cool effect.
 Saige put some candy hearts in hers and it turned out so cute!
Yummy!

3 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

You are on the path to win "Mother of the Summer" Award!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one of those!

Shay said...

You are so creative!! I want to live at your house!

Sassy Sites! said...

I love that sassy sites blog! ;) You are an amazing mom!